The Oakes’ Safeguarding Officer is: Dan Thaw
The Oakes’ Deputy Safeguarding Officers are: Johnny Gilchrist and Rob Marsden
The Oakes Safeguarding Lead Trustee is: Steve Wilkinson
Safeguarding Policy Statement
The Oakes is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children, young people and adults to learn more about the Christian faith through a wide range of activities.
We do this by:
- recognising that all children have the right to freedom from abuse
- ensuring that all staff and volunteers are carefully selected and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children in their care
- responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse and by providing leaders, parents, and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have
- appointing a Safeguarding Officer and Deputy Safeguarding Officers who will take specific responsibility for child safety and act as the main point of contact for staff, volunteers, parents, children, and outside agencies
- ensuring access to confidential information is restricted to the Safeguarding Officers and selected staff members or the appropriate external authorities
- annually reviewing the effectiveness of our Safeguarding Policy and activities
All staff (including overseas staff) are required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (or international equivalent) including information on Children’s Barred List and adhere to our comprehensive child protection policy.
Staff undergo training internally with our Safeguarding Officers as well as an external training session by thirtyone:eight.
Further guidance is available from:
Thirtyone:eight (formerly CCPAS)
Tel: 0845 1204550
24 hour helpline: 0303 003 11 11
Sheffield Safeguarding HUB
Tel: 0114 273 4855