Here's what we believe
One of the requirements for joining the team is agreement with our statement of faith and biblical lifestyle which is based on the truths of Christianity, as revealed in the Bible.
Statement of Faith
- There is one God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God is sovereign in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- Since the fall, the whole of humankind is sinful and guilty, so that everyone is subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The Lord Jesus Christ, God’s incarnate Son, is fully God; He was born of a virgin; His humanity is real and sinless; He died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Sinful human beings are redeemed from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
- Those who believe in Christ are pardoned all their sins and accepted in God’s sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God’s act of undeserved mercy, received solely by trust in Him and not by their own efforts.
- The Holy Spirit alone makes the work of Christ effective to individual sinners, enabling them to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit lives in all those He has regenerated. He makes them increasingly Christ-like in character and behaviour and gives them power for their witness in the world.
- The one holy universal Church is the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God’s just condemnation on those who have not repented and to receive the redeemed to eternal glory.
We believe that the bible calls us to a distinctive lifestyle of discipleship. Our ministry requires us to
demonstrate that, especially as we are likely to influence others. Such a lifestyle includes regular
bible reading and prayer and active involvement in a local church.
It is marked by a selfless attitude to money, possessions, time, work, leisure, social action and
relationships. It demonstrates moral standards including an acceptance that the only appropriate
place for a sexual relationship is within a marriage between a man and a woman.
Whilst we recognise that as fallen people we often fall short of this ideal, we believe that grace and
forgiveness are always available to those who repent. We nevertheless expect that all working with
us will be committed to work towards achieving such a lifestyle.